The Food Bank of Central New York will do their part in providing free meals this summer to all children 18 and under in the Summer Food Service Program.
The Food Bank supplies meals through a vendor they contract for several Onondaga and Cayuga County programs catering to kids during the summer. They are:
- Booker T. Washington Community Center in Auburn
- Casey Park Elementary in Auburn
- Fillmore Glen State Park in Moravia
- Genesee Elementary in Auburn
- PEACE Westside Family Recreation Center in Syracuse
- Valley Worship Center in Syracuse
The summer programs will start July 7 in all locations except Booker T. Washington, which starts July 14. Those who want to get more information about the program should contact the Food Bank at 437-1899 or visit their website. To locate the nearest free summer meal site in your neighborhood, call the Summer Food Service Program hotline at 866-3 HUNGRY.